Human ALK tyrosine kinase receptor / CD246 TranslationBlocker™ siRNA Duplex Product Attributes
Blocks transcription and translation of ALK tyrosine kinase receptor / CD246 from: Human.
May also react with ALK tyrosine kinase receptor / CD246 based upon sequence homology and clone specific publications.
Type of RNAi: siRNA.
siRNA target sequence: NM_004304.
Samples and cell lines tested: SK-N-MC and NB-39-nu Neuroblastoma Cell Lines.
Buffer and Stabilizer: Lyophilized. See datasheet for resuspension instructions and buffer information.
Concentration of Anti-Human ALK tyrosine kinase receptor / CD246: Lyophilized
SiRNA Purification Method:RPC/HPLC
Storage Conditions: Store Lyophilized siRNA duplex at 4C. Reconsituted product may be stored at -20C for up to 1 month.
ALK tyrosine kinase receptor / CD246 Knockdown Protocol:
- Starting with cultured cells in growth media (+10% fetal calf serum (FCS)) seed 12 well plates with 6 x 104 cells and incubate at 37°C for 24 hours.
- Prepare transfection reagent in serum-free growth media and allow to come to room temperature. The above data was generated with jetSI in accordance with manufacturerÂs instructions. jetSI works well for neural cell populations.
- Dilute siRNA to working concentration in serum-free growth media. The above data was generated with 100 pmol of QX1 siRNA duplex in 100 ul of media. Optimal dilution should be experimentally determined.
- Combine diluted siRNA and transfection reagent. In this case, 100 ul of jetSI was incubated with 100 ul of diluted siRNA for 30 minutes with gentle mixing (optional).
- Add prepared siRNA solution to cells.
- Incubate for several hours in serum free media. In the above experiment, a 4 hour incubation was performed.
- Add serum containing media to culture. Data above was generated by adding 1x culture volume of media containing 4% FCS (2% final concentration).
- Incubate and assay several hour after transfection. An additional transfection may be performed, as above, 24 hours after initial transfection to enhance knockdown. Optimal knockdown time should also be experimentally determined. In the above experimental conditions, ALK knockdown at the protein level was confirmed 84 hours post transfection via western blot.
ALK tyrosine kinase receptor / CD246 General Information
Gene Name: ALK
Entrez Gene ID: 238
NCBI Ref Seq Accession Number: NP_004295
ALK tyrosine kinase receptor / CD246 Molecular Weight:
Alternate Names: CD246, NBLST3, Anaplastic lymphoma kinase
Limitations and Warranty
This product is for Research Use Only. This product is guaranteed to work for a period of two years when stored at -70C or colder, and one year when aliquoted and stored at -20C.