DISCONTINUED: Human HIF-1 alpha TranslationBlockerâ¢ siRNA Duplex Product Attributes
Blocks transcription and translation of HIF-1 alpha from: Human.
May also react with HIF-1 alpha based upon sequence homology and clone specific publications.
Type of RNAi: siRNA.
siRNA target sequence: NM_001530.
Samples and cell lines tested: Scc-9 Human Carcinoma Cells from Tongue and HepG2 Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells.
Buffer and Stabilizer: Lyophilized. See datasheet for resuspension instructions and buffer information.
Concentration of Anti-Human HIF-1 alpha: Lyophilized
SiRNA Purification Method:RPC/HPLC
Storage Conditions: Store Lyophilized siRNA duplex at 4C. Reconsituted product may be stored at -20C for up to 1 month.HIF-1 alpha Knockdown Protocol:
- Starting with cultured cells in growth media seed 6 well plates with 1x105 cells and incubate at 37Â°C for until cells reach 40-50% confluence.
- Prepare transfection reagent in serum-free growth media such as Opti-MEM-I. Allow to come to room temperature. The above data was generated with Oligofectamine for delivery of Hif-1 alpha siRNA prepared in accordance with manufacturerÂs instructions.
- Dilute siRNA to working concentration in serum-free growth media. For Oligofectamine or similar transfections into 6 well plates, we recommend starting siRNA concentration optimization at around 100 pmol siRNA duplex in 200 ul of serum free media.Optimal dilution should be experimentally determined.
- Combine diluted siRNA and transfection reagent. Equivalent volumes of prepared Oligofectamine or other transfection reagent and diluted siRNA should be combined and incubated at room temperature for 30 minutes with gentle mixing (optional).
- Add prepared siRNA solution to cells. For 6 well plates this will entail adding the solution to cells in approximately 2.5 ml serum-free media. Additionally, FITC labeled control siRNA (Product Number QC-1F) or positive control siRNA (Beta-Actin; Product Number QC-2) may be used to assess transfection efficiency.
- Incubate for several hours in serum free media. The above data was generated with a 4 hour initial incubation.
- Add serum containing media to culture without a media change. Generally 1-2 fold of the original volume of siRNA containing serum free media is added to restore nutrient levels in media.
- Incubate and assay several hours after transfection. Optimal knockdown time should also be experimentally determined. Optionally, a second transfection can be performed 24 hours after the first transfection to enhance knockdown. Hif-1 alpha knockdown at the protein level was measured at 48 hours post transfection via western blot. Anoxic conditions for Hif-1 alpha induction should start 24 hours after transfection when cells are at approximately 70% confluence.
HIF-1 alpha General Information
Gene Name: HIF1A
Entrez Gene ID: 3091
NCBI Ref Seq Accession Number: NP_001521
HIF-1 alpha Molecular Weight:
Alternate Names: HIF-1-alpha, HIF1-ALPHA, HIF1, HIF-1alpha, PASD8, MOP1, HIF-1A, bHLHe78, Hypoxia-inducible factor 1-alpha
Limitations and Warranty
This product is for Research Use Only. This product is guaranteed to work for a period of two years when stored at -70C or colder, and one year when aliquoted and stored at -20C.