Human EGFR / ErbB1 / HER1 TranslationBlockerâ¢ siRNA Duplex Product Attributes
Blocks transcription and translation of EGFR / ErbB1 / HER1 from: Human.
May also react with EGFR / ErbB1 / HER1 based upon sequence homology and clone specific publications.
Type of RNAi: siRNA.
siRNA target sequence: NM_005228.
Samples and cell lines tested: WT-EGFR-CHO EGFR overexpressing CHO cells and MDA-MB 468 Human Breast Cancer Cells.
Buffer and Stabilizer: Lyophilized. See datasheet for resuspension instructions and buffer information.
Concentration of Anti-Human EGFR / ErbB1 / HER1: Lyophilized
SiRNA Purification Method:RPC/HPLC
Storage Conditions: Store Lyophilized siRNA duplex at 4C. Reconsituted product may be stored at -20C for up to 1 month.
EGFR / ErbB1 / HER1 Knockdown Protocol:
- Starting with cultured cells in growth media seed 6 well plates with cells and incubate in serum-free media such as Opti-Mem-I at 37°C for at least 18 hrs.
- Prepare transfection reagent in serum-free growth media. Allow to come to room temperature. The above data was generated with Oligofectamine for delivery of EGFR / ErbB1 / Her1 siRNA prepared in accordance with manufacturerÂs instructions.
- Dilute siRNA to working concentration in serum-free growth media. For Oligofectamine or similar transfections into 6 well plates, we recommend starting siRNA concentration optimization at around 200-400 pmol siRNA duplex in 200 ul of serum free media.Optimal dilution should be experimentally determined.
- Combine diluted siRNA and transfection reagent. Equivalent volumes of prepared Oligofectamine or other transfection reagent and diluted siRNA should be combined and incubated at room temperature for 30 minutes with gentle mixing (optional).
- Add prepared siRNA solution to cells. For 6 well plates this will entail adding the above solution to cells in approximately 2.5 ml serum-free media. Additionally, FITC labeled control siRNA (Product Number QC-1F) or positive control siRNA (Beta-Actin; Product Number QC-2) may be used to assess transfection efficiency.
- Incubate for 4 hours in serum free media.
- Allow cells to recover by adding serum containing media to culture without a media change. Generally 1-2 fold of the original volume of siRNA containing serum free media is added to restore nutrient levels in media.
- Incubate and assay several hours after transfection. Optimal knockdown time should also be experimentally determined. EGFR / ErbB1 / Her1 knockdown at the protein level was measured at 24-96 hours post transfection via western blot (24 and 48 hr data shown as an example). Data suggests EGFR / ErbB1 / Her1 knockdown requires at least 48 hours for adequate efficacy.
EGFR / ErbB1 / HER1 General Information
Gene Name: EGFR
Entrez Gene ID: 1956
NCBI Ref Seq Accession Number: NP_005219
EGFR / ErbB1 / HER1 Molecular Weight:
Alternate Names: ERBB1, HER1, ERBB, mENA, PIG61, NISBD2, Epidermal growth factor receptor, EGF-R
Limitations and Warranty
This product is for Research Use Only. This product is guaranteed to work for a period of two years when stored at -70C or colder, and one year when aliquoted and stored at -20C.