DISCONTINUED: Rat High Affinity Nerve Growth Factor Receptor (TrkA) TranslationBlockerâ¢ siRNA Duplex Product Attributes
Blocks transcription and translation of High Affinity Nerve Growth Factor Receptor (TrkA) from: Rat.
May also react with High Affinity Nerve Growth Factor Receptor (TrkA) based upon sequence homology and clone specific publications.
Type of RNAi: siRNA.
siRNA target sequence: NM_021589.
Samples and cell lines tested: Pc12 Rat Pheocromocytoma Cells from the Adrenal Medulla and Rat Primary Neurons.
Buffer and Stabilizer: Lyophilized. See datasheet for resuspension instructions and buffer information.
Concentration of Anti-Rat High Affinity Nerve Growth Factor Receptor (TrkA): Lyophilized
SiRNA Purification Method:RPC/HPLC
Storage Conditions: Store Lyophilized siRNA duplex at 4C. Reconsituted product may be stored at -20C for up to 1 month.High Affinity Nerve Growth Factor Receptor (TrkA) Knockdown Protocol:
- Starting with cultured cells in growth media seed plates with cells and incubated at 37Â°C. For example, seed 12 well plates with 1x105 cells and incubate at 37Â°C until cells reach 70% confluence prior to starting transfections
- Prepare transfection reagent in serum-free growth medium such as Opti-MEM-I. Allow to come to room temperature. Lipofectamine 2000 was used to generate the above data in accordance with manufacturerÂs instructions.</ li>
- Dilute siRNA to working concentration in serum-free growth media. For Lipofectamine or similar transfections into 12 well plates, we recommend starting siRNA dose optimization at around 100 pmol siRNA duplex.Optimal dilution should be experimentally determined.
- Combine diluted siRNA and transfection reagent. Ratio of transfection reagent to siRNA should be optimized. Equivalent volumes of prepared Lipofectamine 2000 or other transfection reagent and diluted siRNA should be combined and incubated at room temperature for 30 minutes with gentle mixing (optional).
- Add prepared siRNA solution to cells. For 12 well plates this will entail adding the solution to cells in approximately 1.1 ml serum-free medium. Optionally, FITC labeled control siRNA (Product Number QC-1F) or positive control siRNA (Beta-Actin; Product Number QC-2) may be used to assess transfection efficiency.
- Incubate for several hours in serum free media. Typically, 4 hour incubation is recommended for this initial transfection step.
- Add serum containing media to culture without a media change if longer incubation times are required. Generally 1-2 fold of the original volume of siRNA containing serum-free media is added to restore nutrient levels in media. Alternatively, the media may be directly supplemented with serum such as 10% FBS.
- Incubate and assay several hours after transfection. Optimal knockdown time should also be experimentally determined. Optionally, a second transfection can be performed 24 hours after the first transfection to enhance knockdown. High Affinity Nerve Growth Factor Receptor (Trk) knockdown at the protein level was measured at 48 hours post transfection via Western Blot.
High Affinity Nerve Growth Factor Receptor (TrkA) General Information
Gene Name: Ntrk1
Entrez Gene ID: 59109
NCBI Ref Seq Accession Number: NP_067600
High Affinity Nerve Growth Factor Receptor (TrkA) Molecular Weight:
Alternate Names: TrkA, High Affinity NGFR, NGFR, Trk
Limitations and Warranty
This product is for Research Use Only. This product is guaranteed to work for a period of two years when stored at -70C or colder, and one year when aliquoted and stored at -20C.