Human FADD TranslationBlockerâ¢ siRNA Duplex Product Attributes
Blocks transcription and translation of FADD from: Human.
May also react with FADD based upon sequence homology and clone specific publications.
Type of RNAi: siRNA.
siRNA target sequence: NM_003824.
Samples and cell lines tested: 293 Human Embryonic Kidney Cells with NF-kappa B and Flag tagged DR4 constructs.
Buffer and Stabilizer: Lyophilized. See datasheet for resuspension instructions and buffer information.
Concentration of Anti-Human FADD: Lyophilized
SiRNA Purification Method:RPC/HPLC
Storage Conditions: Store Lyophilized siRNA duplex at 4C. Reconsituted product may be stored at -20C for up to 1 month.
FADD Knockdown Protocol:
- Starting with cultured cells in growth media seed plates with cells and incubated at 37°C. For the above data 6 well plates were seeded with 1x105 cells and incubated at 37°C overnight.
- Prepare transfection reagent in serum-free growth medium such as Opti-MEM-I. Allow to come to room temperature. Lipofectamine 2000 was used to generate the above data in accordance with manufacturerÂs instructions. li>
- Dilute siRNA to working concentration in serum-free growth media. For Lipofectamine 2000 or similar transfections into 6 well plates, we recommend starting siRNA dose optimization at around 100-125 pmol siRNA duplex.Optimal dilution should be experimentally determined.
- Combine diluted siRNA and transfection reagent. Ratio of transfection reagent to siRNA should be optimized. Equivalent volumes of prepared Lipofectamine 2000 or other transfection reagent and diluted siRNA should be combined and incubated at room temperature for 20-30 minutes with gentle mixing (optional).
- Add prepared siRNA solution to cells. For 6 well plates this will entail adding the solution to cells in approximately 2.5 ml serum-free medium. Optionally, FITC labeled control siRNA (Product Number QC-1F) or positive control siRNA (Beta-Actin; Product Number QC-2) may be used to assess transfection efficiency.
- Incubate for several hours in serum free media. Typically, a 4 hour incubation is recommended for the initial transfection step.
- Add serum containing media to culture without a media change if longer incubation times are required. Generally 1-2 fold of the original volume of siRNA containing serum-free media is added to restore nutrient levels in media. Alternatively, the media may be directly supplemented with serum such as 10% FBS.
- Incubate and assay several hours after transfection. Optimal knockdown time should also be experimentally determined. Optionally, a second transfection can be performed 24 hours after the first transfection to enhance knockdown. 48 hours post-transfection, cells were treated with IL-1beta (Catalog Number QP5290, 10ng/ml), TRAIL (Catalog Number QP5244, 100 ng/ml), and TNF alpha (Catalog Number QP1385, 10ng/ml). After 10 hours, cells were lysed and FADD knockdown at the protein level was measured via Western Blot.
FADD General Information
Gene Name: FADD
Entrez Gene ID: 8772
NCBI Ref Seq Accession Number: NP_003815
FADD Molecular Weight:
Alternate Names: Fas Associated Via Death Domain, Fas-Associating Death Domain-Containing Protein, Growth-Inhibiting Gene 3 Protein, Fas (TNFRSF6)-Associated via Death Domain, Protein FADD, MORT1, FAS-Associated Death Domain Protein
Limitations and Warranty
This product is for Research Use Only. This product is guaranteed to work for a period of two years when stored at -70C or colder, and one year when aliquoted and stored at -20C.