DISCONTINUED: Human IGF1R TranslationBlockerâ¢ siRNA Duplex Product Attributes
Blocks transcription and translation of IGF1R from: Human.
May also react with IGF1R based upon sequence homology and clone specific publications.
Type of RNAi: siRNA.
siRNA target sequence: NM_000875.
Samples and cell lines tested: ME Human Melanoma Cells, MDA-MB-231 Human Breast Cancer Cells, and UC101 Ovarian Cancer Cells.
Buffer and Stabilizer: Lyophilized. See datasheet for resuspension instructions and buffer information.
Concentration of Anti-Human IGF1R: Lyophilized
SiRNA Purification Method:RPC/HPLC
Storage Conditions: Store Lyophilized siRNA duplex at 4C. Reconsituted product may be stored at -20C for up to 1 month.IGF1R Knockdown Protocol:
- Starting with cultured cells in growth media seed plates with cells and incubated at 37Â°C. For example, seed 6 well plates with 1x105 cells and incubated at 37Â°C overnight.
- Prepare transfection reagent in serum-free growth medium such as Opti-MEM-I. Allow to come to room temperature. Oligofectamine was used to generate the above data in accordance with manufacturerÂs instructions.</ li>
- Dilute siRNA to working concentration in serum-free growth media. For Oligofectamine or similar transfections into 6 well plates, we recommend starting siRNA dose optimization at around 50 pmol siRNA duplex.Optimal dilution should be experimentally determined.
- Combine diluted siRNA and transfection reagent. Ratio of transfection reagent to siRNA should be optimized. Equivalent volumes of prepared Oligofectamine or other transfection reagent and diluted siRNA should be combined and incubated at room temperature for 20-30 minutes with gentle mixing.
- Add prepared siRNA solution to cells. For 6 well plates this will entail adding the solution to cells in approximately 2.5 ml serum-free medium. Optionally, FITC labeled control siRNA (Product Number QC-1F) or positive control siRNA (Beta-Actin; Product Number QC-2) may be used to assess transfection efficiency.
- Incubate for several hours in serum free media. Typically, 4 hour incubation is recommended for this initial transfection step.
- Add serum containing media to culture without a media change if longer incubation times are required. Generally 1-2 fold of the original volume of siRNA containing serum-free media is added to restore nutrient levels in media. Alternatively, the media may be directly supplemented with serum such as 10% FBS.
- Incubate and assay several hours after transfection. Optimal knockdown time should also be experimentally determined. Optionally, a second transfection can be performed 24 hours after the first transfection to enhance knockdown. 48 hours post-transfection, IGFR1 knockdown at the protein level was measured via Western Blot.
IGF1R General Information
Gene Name: IGF1R
Entrez Gene ID: 3480
NCBI Ref Seq Accession Number: NP_000866
IGF1R Molecular Weight:
Alternate Names: JTK13, CD221, IGFIR, IGFR, Tyrosine-protein kinase receptor Insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor
Limitations and Warranty
This product is for Research Use Only. This product is guaranteed to work for a period of two years when stored at -70C or colder, and one year when aliquoted and stored at -20C.
There are no reviews yet.