Human CTLA4 TranslationBlockerâ¢ siRNA Duplex Product Attributes
Blocks transcription and translation of CTLA4 from: Human.
May also react with CTLA4 based upon sequence homology and clone specific publications.
Type of RNAi: siRNA.
siRNA target sequence: NM_005214.
Samples and cell lines tested: CLL Chronic Lymphoid Leukemia Cells.
Buffer and Stabilizer: Lyophilized. See datasheet for resuspension instructions and buffer information.
Concentration of Anti-Human CTLA4: Lyophilized
SiRNA Purification Method:RPC/HPLC
Storage Conditions: Store Lyophilized siRNA duplex at 4C. Reconsituted product may be stored at -20C for up to 1 month.
CTLA4 Knockdown Protocol:
- Starting with cultured cells in growth media seed plates with cells and incubated at 37°C. For example, seed 12 well plates with 5x104 cells and incubated at 37°C overnight.
- Prepare transfection reagent in serum-free growth medium such as Opti-MEM-I. Allow to come to room temperature. Lipofectamine was used to generate the above data in accordance with manufacturerÂs instructions. li>
- Dilute siRNA to working concentration in serum-free growth media. For Lipofectamine or similar transfections into 6 well plates, we recommend starting siRNA dose optimization at around 100 pmol siRNA duplex.Optimal dilution should be experimentally determined.
- Combine diluted siRNA and transfection reagent. Ratio of transfection reagent to siRNA should be optimized. Equivalent volumes of prepared Lipofectamine or other transfection reagent and diluted siRNA should be combined and incubated at room temperature for 20-30 minutes with gentle mixing.
- Add prepared siRNA solution to cells. For 12 well plates this will entail adding the solution to cells in approximately 1.1 ml serum-free medium. Optionally, FITC labeled control siRNA (Product Number QC-1F) or positive control siRNA (Beta-Actin; Product Number QC-2) may be used to assess transfection efficiency.
- Incubate for several hours in serum free media. Typically, 4 hour incubation is recommended for this initial transfection step.
- Add serum containing media to culture without a media change if longer incubation times are required. Generally 1-2 fold of the original volume of siRNA containing serum-free media is added to restore nutrient levels in media. Alternatively, the media may be directly supplemented with serum such as 10% FBS.
- Additional incubation is necessary to ensure protein knockdown. Optimal knockdown time should also be experimentally determined. Optionally, a second transfection can be performed 24 hours after the first transfection to enhance knockdown. To generate the above data, 72 hours post-transfection, cells were lysed and CTLA4 knockdown at the protein level was confirmed via Western Blot.
CTLA4 General Information
Gene Name: CTLA4
Entrez Gene ID: 1493
NCBI Ref Seq Accession Number: NP_005205
CTLA4 Molecular Weight:
Alternate Names: Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte Associated Protein 4, CTLA-3, CD152, Celiac3, Celiac Disease 3, Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte-Associated Antigen 4
Limitations and Warranty
This product is for Research Use Only. This product is guaranteed to work for a period of two years when stored at -70C or colder, and one year when aliquoted and stored at -20C.