DISCONTINUED: Human CD4 TranslationBlockerâ¢ siRNA Duplex Product Attributes
Blocks transcription and translation of CD4 from: Human.
May also react with CD4 based upon sequence homology and clone specific publications.
Type of RNAi: siRNA.
siRNA target sequence: NM_000616.
Samples and cell lines tested: Jurkat Lymphoblast T Cells.
Buffer and Stabilizer: Lyophilized. See datasheet for resuspension instructions and buffer information.
Concentration of Anti-Human CD4: Lyophilized
SiRNA Purification Method:RPC/HPLC
Storage Conditions: Store Lyophilized siRNA duplex at 4C. Reconsituted product may be stored at -20C for up to 1 month.CD4 Knockdown Protocol:
- Starting with cultured cells in growth media seed plates with cells and incubated at 37Â°C. For instance, seed 6 well plates with 1x105 cells in growth media and incubate at 37Â°C overnight before starting transfections. Transfection reagents may specify the desired level of confluence to look for prior to starting transfections.
- The above data was generated via electroporation, but a suitable transfection reagent like Oligofectamine could be used instead in accordance with manufacturerÂs instructions. Prepare transfection reagent in serum-free growth medium such as serum-free RPMI. Allow to come to room temperature. </ li>
- Dilute siRNA to working concentration in serum-free growth media. For Oligofectamine or similar transfections into 6 well plates, we recommend starting siRNA dose optimization at approximately 100 pmol siRNA duplex.Optimal dilution should be experimentally determined.
- Combine diluted siRNA and transfection reagent. Ratio of transfection reagent to siRNA should be optimized. Equivalent volumes of prepared Oligofectamine or other transfection reagent and diluted siRNA should be combined and incubated at room temperature for 20 minutes with gentle mixing.
- Add prepared siRNA solution to cells. For 6 well plates this will entail adding the solution to cells in approximately 1.1 ml serum-free medium. Optionally, FITC labeled control siRNA (Product Number QC-1F) or positive control siRNA (Beta-Actin; Product Number QC-2) may be used to assess transfection efficiency.
- Incubate for several hours in serum free media. Generally, a 4 hour initial transfection incubation is recommended.
- Add serum containing media to culture without a media change if longer incubation times are required. Generally 1-2 fold of the original volume of siRNA containing serum-free media is added to restore nutrient levels in media. Alternatively, the media may be directly supplemented with serum such as 10% FBS.
- Incubate and assay several hours after transfection. Optimal knockdown time should also be experimentally determined. Optionally, a second transfection can be performed 24 hours after the first transfection to enhance knockdown. CD4 knockdown at the protein level was measured at 48 hours post transfection via Flow Cytometry.
CD4 General Information
Gene Name: CD4
Entrez Gene ID: 920
NCBI Ref Seq Accession Number: NP_000607
CD4 Molecular Weight:
Alternate Names: CD4mut, T-cell surface glycoprotein CD4, T-cell co-receptor CD4
Limitations and Warranty
This product is for Research Use Only. This product is guaranteed to work for a period of two years when stored at -70C or colder, and one year when aliquoted and stored at -20C.
There are no reviews yet.