Human Apoptosis regulator BAX TranslationBlockerâ¢ siRNA Duplex Product Attributes
Blocks transcription and translation of Apoptosis regulator BAX from: Human.
May also react with Apoptosis regulator BAX based upon sequence homology and clone specific publications.
Type of RNAi: siRNA.
siRNA target sequence: NM_004324.
Samples and cell lines tested: KAT-4 Human Thyroid Carcinoma Cells and Human T Cells.
Buffer and Stabilizer: Lyophilized. See datasheet for resuspension instructions and buffer information.
Concentration of Anti-Human Apoptosis regulator BAX: Lyophilized
SiRNA Purification Method:RPC/HPLC
Storage Conditions: Store Lyophilized siRNA duplex at 4C. Reconsituted product may be stored at -20C for up to 1 month.
Apoptosis regulator BAX Knockdown Protocol:
- Starting with cultured cells in growth media seed 6 well plates with 5 x 104 cells and incubate at 37°C until cells reach 40% confluence
- Prepare transfection reagent in serum-free growth media allow to come to room temperature. The above data was generated with 8 ul of Oligofectamine prepared in accordance with manufacturerÂs instructions.
- Dilute siRNA to working concentration in serum-free growth media. The above data used 200 pmol siRNA duplex. Optimal dilution should be experimentally determined.
- Combine diluted siRNA and transfection reagent. Equivalent volumes of prepared Oligofectamine and diluted siRNA should be combined and incubated at room temperature for 20 minutes with gentle mixing (optional).
- Add prepared siRNA solution to cells.
- Incubate for several hours in serum free media.
- Add serum containing media to culture without a media change. Generally 1-2 fold of the original volume of siRNA containing serum free media is added to restore nutrient levels in media.
- Incubate and assay several hours after transfection. An additional transfection may be performed, as above, 24 hours after initial transfection to enhance knockdown. Optimal knockdown time should also be experimentally determined. Optionally, as with the above data, a second transfection can be performed 24 hours after the first transfection to enhance knockdown. BAX knockdown at the protein level was measured at 48 hours post transfection via western blot.
Apoptosis regulator BAX General Information
Gene Name: BAX
Entrez Gene ID: 581
NCBI Ref Seq Accession Number: NP_004315
Apoptosis regulator BAX Molecular Weight:
Alternate Names: BCL2L4
- Pan, J., Huang, H., Sun, L., Fang, B. & Yeung, S.-C. J. Bcl-2-associated X protein is the main mediator of manumycin a-induced apoptosis in anaplastic thyroid cancer cells. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 90, 3583Â91 (2005).
- BidÃ¨re, N. et al. Cathepsin D triggers Bax activation, resulting in selective apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF) relocation in T lymphocytes entering the early commitment phase to apoptosis. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 31401Â11 (2003).
Limitations and Warranty
This product is for Research Use Only. This product is guaranteed to work for a period of two years when stored at -70C or colder, and one year when aliquoted and stored at -20C.