Mouse Apoptosis regulator BAX TranslationBlockerâ¢ siRNA Duplex Product Attributes
Blocks transcription and translation of Apoptosis regulator BAX from: Mouse.
May also react with Apoptosis regulator BAX based upon sequence homology and clone specific publications.
Type of RNAi: siRNA.
siRNA target sequence: NM_007527.
Samples and cell lines tested: DC-1 Mouse Dendritic Cells.
Buffer and Stabilizer: Lyophilized. See datasheet for resuspension instructions and buffer information.
Concentration of Anti-Mouse Apoptosis regulator BAX: Lyophilized
SiRNA Purification Method:RPC/HPLC
Storage Conditions: Store Lyophilized siRNA duplex at 4C. Reconsituted product may be stored at -20C for up to 1 month.
Apoptosis regulator BAX Knockdown Protocol:
- Starting with cultured cells in growth media seed 6 well plates with cells and incubate at 37°C until cells reach 40% confluence. In the example data, larger cultures of 2 x 105 were transfected
- Prepare transfection reagent in serum-free growth media such as Opti-MEM allow to come to room temperature. The above data was generated with Oligofectamine for delivery of mouse BAX siRNA prepared in accordance with manufacturerÂs instructions.
- Dilute siRNA to working concentration in serum-free growth media. For Oligofectamine or similar transfections into 6 well plates, we recommend starting siRNA concentration optimization at around 150 pmol siRNA duplex in 300 ul of serum free media. Optimal dilution should be experimentally determined.
- Combine diluted siRNA and transfection reagent. Equivalent volumes of prepared Oligofectamine or other transfection reagent and diluted siRNA should be combined and incubated at room temperature for 20 minutes with gentle mixing (optional).
- Add prepared siRNA solution to cells. Additionally, FITC labeled control siRNA (Product Number QC-1F) or positive control siRNA (Beta-Actin; Product Number QC-2) may be used to assess transfection efficiency.
- Incubate for several hours in serum free media.
- Add serum containing media to culture without a media change. Generally 1-2 fold of the original volume of siRNA containing serum free media is added to restore nutrient levels in media.
- Incubate and assay several hours after transfection. Optimal knockdown time should also be experimentally determined. Optionally, a second transfection can be performed 24 hours after the first transfection to enhance knockdown. Mouse BAX knockdown at the protein level was measured at 48 hours post transfection via western blot.
Apoptosis regulator BAX General Information
Gene Name: Bax
Entrez Gene ID: 12028
NCBI Ref Seq Accession Number: NP_031553
Apoptosis regulator BAX Molecular Weight:
Alternate Names: BCL2L4
Limitations and Warranty
This product is for Research Use Only. This product is guaranteed to work for a period of two years when stored at -70C or colder, and one year when aliquoted and stored at -20C.